Ranger Wing with Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Merica

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
First of all i know this is kind of a blown out topic but, I do have a few questions. I am looking to buy the Zeagle backplate then attach my Ranger bladder to it. I know i can do this no problem. My question are as followed.

1. Will the bladder taco around the tank. At this time i will mainly be diving singles with this setup?

2. Is there a place to connect the little clips on the side of the bladder that normally connect to the ranger's harness?

3. Can i use the tank bands off of the Ranger and put them through the BP when i dive singles, or how would that work?

Thank you.

Can i use the tank bands off of the Ranger and put them through the BP when i dive singles, or how would that work?
Apparently you need one of these.

Partial list of available options:

• Single cylinder mounting kit
- See more at: Zeagle Deluxe Backplate Harness

I got curious myself and found this. I think it's showing the single kit. Maybe those are the soft bands you now own also? They look a lot like mine - I have an older Ranger also. I think I see the end of the velcro hold down strap in on the top one.

Capture.JPG

Zeagle Deluxe Harness Backplate System discounts on sale Zeagle

Last edited:
I dive a ranger wing on a steel plate with a 15 litre steel tank. The wing bolts through the triglides to the plate (therefore a Zeagle plate is easiest. You just need to buy the "small bolt kit" from Zeagle.)
I have had not problem with air trapping in my wing. I can't see the wing when I'm underwater, obviously, but it seems to sit ok when attached to the inner-most row of holes. I got a pair of clips to attach to the sides of the wing in the stuff I bought. Not sure if they came with the wing, the harness or the plate. You could ask Zeagle. I'm not sure they add function, but it would look weird with unattached clips flapping on the wing.

I think the ranger wing at 45lb or there abouts is proably more lift than you need. That said, it works fine, so you can give it a shot, and if you dont like it buy a 18lb donut. I never needed to. It ties you to a zeagle backplate, but that's not really a bad thing...they seem to be as good as any, and not badly priced.

Dave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom