Ratio ix3m Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know where I can find a review of the ratio ix3m computers (preferably tech+ or deep). Has anyone used one that can comment?

Does anyone have any experience with support/customer service from this manufacturer?

I saw it mentioned in another post and it sounds quite nice. From what I gather it does:

gas blending calculator
o2 analyzer (they claim he analyzer coming soon)
tide tables / moon phase
deco stop table (complete list of deco stops)
GPS
haptic (vibration), audible, display alarms
tilt compensated compass
pitch/roll angle display (for scootering)
light metering (for photography)
buhlman/vpm algo
multiple deep stop algorithyms, disable deep stop option
manually configurable deep stop profiles

I'm currently using shearwater petrel. The hardware actually looks very similar on the outside. Several of the features are things I've complained about not having with my shearwater (notably, audible alarms). I'm a little hesitant to spend $1200 bucks on a manufacturer I've never heard of before. Did that once with some camera gear, and came to regret it later.

Ratio Dive Computers - Choose a model These are what I'm talking about. The pricing I got from DRIS here: iX3M Tech+ - Dive Right in Scuba

I've been reading the manual and see that it's got a built in rechargeable battery. I don't like that, shearwater has a far superior approach to batteries (with rechargeable being options).

Last edited:
It is going to have AI feature later this year (it will be announced during coming DEMA).
Well.. if they add that I think I will overlook the battery limitations and replace my shearwaters... assuming I can find out something about their support reputation. It would finally have all the things I've often complained about shearwater lacking on sb and then some features I hadn't thought of to boot.

Well.. if they add that I think I will overlook the battery limitations and replace my shearwaters... assuming I can find out something about their support reputation. It would finally have all the things I've often complained about shearwater lacking on sb and then some features I hadn't thought of to boot.

They will also have an upgrade program (must send to authorized dealer/distributor) for the people who already bought their computers to get the AI feature.

All of my information comes directly from their technical people in my email exchanges with them few days ago.

BTW, what are their battery limitations in your view please?

As I understand it, it has an integrated rechargeable battery which gets recharged via a USB port. I prefer the system shearwater uses where any AA form factor battery could be used. They take rechargeable or disposables in any variety. That way you will never end up in a bind if you forget to recharge the shearwater's battery - you just bring spare disposables and use as needed. With this one, a lack of diligence could mean a missed dive or at least diving tables or a backup computer.

As I understand it, it has an integrated rechargeable battery which gets recharged via a USB port. I prefer the system shearwater uses where any AA form factor battery could be used. They take rechargeable or disposables in any variety. That way you will never end up in a bind if you forget to recharge the shearwater's battery - you just bring spare disposables and use as needed. With this one, a lack of diligence could mean a missed dive or at least diving tables or a backup computer.

I agree with you in general but considering their battery life, I am not sure that it will be a big problem.

I agree with you in general but considering their battery life, I am not sure that it will be a big problem.
Yeah I agree I guess. That's part of why I was willing to overlook the integrated battery. Honestly, as far as specifications go, and assuming they really do make with a transmitter, the batter will be the only thing I'd consider an imperfection here.

Have you had any experience with their support that you can share? I'm wondering how well the things hold up, and if they break how well do they take care of customers? Where would it have to be sent to have the sensor or battery or whatever else might go wrong replaced. That sort of stuff. Never having heard of Ratio before, I don't have anything to go on. Most other companies I've seen reports on scubaboard from customers one way or another.

Yeah I agree I guess. That's part of why I was willing to overlook the integrated battery. Honestly, as far as specifications go, and assuming they really do make with a transmitter, the batter will be the only thing I'd consider an imperfection here.

Have you had any experience with their support that you can share? I'm wondering how well the things hold up, and if they break how well do they take care of customers? Where would it have to be sent to have the sensor or battery or whatever else might go wrong replaced. That sort of stuff. Never having heard of Ratio before, I don't have anything to go on. Most other companies I've seen reports on scubaboard from customers one way or another.

Honestly, nothing at all. I am waiting for you to buy first and see how things go with you :p

They told me that their distributors have to go to the "factory" to get training so that they can do service including upgrading the computers to have the AI feature for those that bought the computers before AI availability. I am still communicating with them concerning support in Libya but nothing more than that.

@Dive Right In Scuba sells Ratio ix3m computers. Can you guys comment on how customer service and product reliability has been in your experience so far?

Zero issues :wink: We haven't had any complaints on the products, or anything wrong. That being said, they do have a distributor and service center in the US. They are very fast at responding, and you have me behind the product making sure you are taken care of. We only work with manufacturers that we know will take care of us and our customers.

Back
Top Bottom