Recent Lake Rawlings Temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there last weekend and I got mid 80's down to about 25 ft, high 60's from there down to about 40-45 ft and at the plane I got a reading of 59. I'm sure if I would have stayed down there a bit longer it would have dropped a little more.

Thanks...guess I'll bring the 7mm suit

i was there Wednesday and it was very cold below 50 i was in a 7 mil and i needed my hood and gloves.

Headed there this weekend. How bad is the thermocline? I'll prob be bringing a 3/2 full, 2mm shorty, 5mm hood. Hope that's enough..

You'll need gloves to get below the thermocline.

It will depend on how resistant you are to the cold. If you chill easily I would recommend renting a 7 mil from the lake. Only costs a few bucks and would make for some more comfy dives off the rock wall. If you don't just descend a little slower to allow your body to adjust to the cold and you may be able to spend a few minutes below 45 feet.

You'll need gloves to get below the thermocline.

Sometimes. :wink:

Was there yesterday shaking out the new drysuit. 74 top 56 bottom.

Back
Top Bottom