rechargeable battery life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How should I store the rechargeable batters for the lynx? When I get done with the dives should the battery be out of the wrist and transmitter and store until next dive? What if I only dive every 2 months? I had fully charged white batteries and stored them for 2 months and they had no charge left in them? Before my dives after they have been store should I stick them on the charger?

Liquivision recommends to remove the batteries from the unit.
Especially if you have a firmware below 1.11

Sorry to hack your message :)

Battery management is a pain with these, I was glad I till had my D6 when mine just died on me in the middle of a dive.
Note this is not at all Liquivision's fault as my batteries were pretty low, but it is true that current is dropping VERY fast an unpredictably with these batteries.

MESSAGE TO LIQUIVISION: At the price we are paying for these toys, I humbly suggest to have a look at any SOLA light out there??? This is one of the best recharge interface I have ever seen in a rechargeable underwater product. Simple, quick and reliable... The devil is in the details and having to fight with the battery aspect of a 1K+ dive computer is hard to take. What about a decent integrated rechargeable system like SOLA has for its product? A simple cable to connect, a battery pack you change after say 500 Dives (that would be acceptable!) and that you simply forget about in the meanwhile?

My 2 cents (In exchange of a 82$ CDN that two little rechargeable batteries sets you back at Liquivision...)

Patrick

How should I store the rechargeable batters for the lynx? When I get done with the dives should the battery be out of the wrist and transmitter and store until next dive? What if I only dive every 2 months? I had fully charged white batteries and stored them for 2 months and they had no charge left in them? Before my dives after they have been store should I stick them on the charger?

The batteries will gradually drain, if they are stored inside the wrist unit or transmitter. If you are not going to dive for a month, you should probably remove the batteries. You should charge the batteries before using them, (don't charge them then leave them on the shelf for 6 months).

For people who don't like our rechargeable batteries or our rechargeable kit, you can use any ICR16340 rechargeable batteries with 3rd party charger. However with 3rd party batteries, the protection circuits cut-in at different voltages, so the yellow/red battery indications may not show up as expected. (If using ICR16340 batteries, make sure to select 'Green ICR16340' as the battery type in the Lynx and transmitter menus).

The X1 used an embedded lithium polymer battery system and charging cradle, similar to the SOLA lights. The battery meter was accurate and went down slowly. We received nothing but complaints about the X1 battery system; everyone wanted removable, rechargeable batteries. So that is what we provided with the Xen/Xeo/Kaon/Lynx.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Hi Eric,

Sorry if I seem to complain-complain-complain.

I am nonetheless proud that a company from my home country does something great for the dive scene!
I think my wish is that everything Liquivision makes/sell/price would be perfect and I understand we don't all have the same definition of this.

Keep up the good work!

Patrick in Germany.

Back
Top Bottom