Recommendation for Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunbreeze is kinda right in the center of town in a really busy spot. I have never stayed there, but it seems a bit congested. There is a huge construction site right near if not against it right now.
I really like Isla Bonita Yacht Club these days. They have great 1br condo units. It is a 10 minute walk from Island Divers which is who I use. There is also an onsite dive shop. Island Divers or any other shop will pick you up from any resort. Your gear will be rinsed for you and stored at the shop. Your gear will be assembled every day and be ready to go in the boat. So needing to use the onsite shop at any of the resorts is a non-issue. Isla Bonita Yacht Club is also within a 10 minute walk of many of the restaurants in town. There is no onsite restaurant, but there is a great grocery store, a fruit stand and a liquor store across the street and many places within a 2 minute walk on the beach. The resorts in San Pedro are all small. Most have fewer than 20 rooms. The restaurants are also small and very friendly. If you decide to check out the Yacht Club ask for Beth Hart.

I am not sure any of the resorts on the Atolls can take a group that large all at once. If they do, you'd likely be taking the whole resort. If you want to be outside of town, any of the more expensive resorts up north, above the bridge will be nice, and have that remote tropical feel. Just be aware of how far up north the place is. Pretty much anything north of Captain Morgans will leave you pretty isolated and make you unlikely to eat off property as much. Sunbreeze absolutely will not feel remote. Ramon's is also a good option if you want a more inclusive package. Their property looks nice, but I have never stayed or eaten there. Their dive operation is supposed to be pretty good too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom