Recommendation for Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like Hollis F1 also. Have few and looking to buy other pair for my son.
Unfortunately "standard the best" Scubapro Jet were not fit my boots/legs.
Hollis F1 were second priority in my instructor equipment recommendation list.

+1 on F1's. Get the yellow tip variant, makes them much easier to find if you drop them (not that this has ever happened to me :D)

The UTD and OMS are both excellent, I've been using them for years and they are a staple in my rental fleet. The slipstreams are light, solid and lots of power. The UTD's are a bit softer and not as powerful but great for small positioning kicks. For photography I use the UTD's with great success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOVE my Mares Power Planas. They ARE negative, but only slightly so -- they seem to be much less so than Jets, although it may also be that my Jets have metal spring straps on them, and the Planas have the rubber straps they came with. I think you could use them with a thin wetsuit without problems.

I own Jets and EXPs and Pulses and Power Planas. By far and away, the Mares fins are my favorites. Peter and I fought over them until he bought himself a pair.

i love the diverite fins for most kicks, but they hurt my feet if I flutter. Now, I just don't flutter...but if you think you will, then the mares _____ will likely be more forgiving on your feet/calves. I also have a pair of Hollis F1s that I'm hoping to sell one of these days. Same issue, except for me they're also too heavy to trim right without adding weight to my shoulders. They're powerful, but not fun to flutter kick in.

Thank you everyone! I really like this forum, everyone is helpful and providing informative feedbacks!

I believe I would give Mares Power Plana a try.

In most of the stores, I found it available in R,XL and XXL sizes. But in some places, I also find S size in addition to the three mentioned sizes. I cant find any info about this on the official site, any idea why?
I am thinking whether I should get a S or R..

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom