Recommendations to Dive in NC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gyselle

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm heading over to NC sometime in may. And i would defn like to get some diving in. Can anyone give some recommendations for good dive shops in that area? And what are the dive sites i should not miss!

Thanks

There are literally hundreds of shops....

The one I have dived with the most and like their attitude, helpfulness and professionalism...is... aquatic safaris in wilmington. you can go on line and do a search for the same name and their web site will show up.

they will have listed the dives planned...locations planned for those dives and associated costs.

good divin' y'all

What part of NC?

Theres a lot of diving here. Rich mentioned Aquatic Safaris out of Wilmingtong. Fantastic group. Morehead City has some excellent diving if you are ready for it.

Outer banks.. OUter Banks diving in Hatteras Village. You should be experienced for their dives. They are excellent dives but can be on the rough side is things pick up.

Moorehead City !!

Without exageration, the best wreck diving overall in the U.S.

Look it up on the internet. Everything they say and advertise is accurate. Gulf stream comes in close enough to the coast to give a "semi-tropical" environment. A lot of original WW II wrecks, including submarines.

You'll get many responses from folks to this thread, so I'll let them pump you up. I'm a bit short on time right now.

Enjoy a very unique experience.

what part of NC will you be in?

if your going to be near Wilmington, Aquatic Safaris is the place to call. they should be getting ready for the season now.
water temps will prolly be in the 70's until late May, then creep up to the mid 80s.

Olympus Dive center in Morehead city is a fantastic operation. They do get booked out so you may want to give them a call or visit their web site to see what is still open. I dove with them last May and had a great time. I'll be back down there with them in June.

let us know what part of NC I have about 12 different dive boats i dive off of, and to be honest unless your a regular you might find sometimes hard to get on one due to the clubs book allot of the weekends way ahead of time let me know as soon as possible and dates we see what we can find for ya !!!!!!

I'll be in the Raleigh-Durham area, but i'm perfectly mobile to travel anywhere in NC, just for a good dive!

Actually, am not a regular in that area, am travelling from Asia actually, so i'm just looking for some good wreck dives! Most websites and dive operations i've been to dont really seem to advertise their NC trips. so, im having a little difficulty in looking for them.

Plus.there are so many wrecks and so little time!

gyselle
tell us what kind wreck depth ect and possible dates we see what we can find for you also have you gone to any of the charter sites

Back
Top Bottom