Recommended Dive Magazines ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately for most magazines that I have read it seems like the same articles are on a cyclical routine with little or no new information.
I tend to agree.
When I was an active PADI DM you automatically were a members of PADI Diving Society and thus received the Sport Diver mag. as part of that (free) membership. Then they decided that Pros with free membership could only get it online, whereas other members could still get the hard copy. I believe the Pros could still get the hard copy if they elected to pay for it. It was presented as a "good for the environment" issue by the Society. Well, I guess if you're a paying Society member you still got the hard copy as part of the deal--so the heck with the environment in that case.... All about money of course. But I found the mag mostly useless anyway.

Sport Diver is ceasing publication following the Jan/Feb 2018 issue. They say it will be incorporated into an updated Scuba Diving magazine.

I tend to agree.
When I was an active PADI DM you automatically were a members of PADI Diving Society and thus received the Sport Diver mag. as part of that (free) membership. Then they decided that Pros with free membership could only get it online, whereas other members could still get the hard copy. I believe the Pros could still get the hard copy if they elected to pay for it. It was presented as a "good for the environment" issue by the Society. Well, I guess if you're a paying Society member you still got the hard copy as part of the deal--so the heck with the environment in that case.... All about money of course. But I found the mag mostly useless anyway.

The PADI Diving Society was created to sell the magazine. It was nothing else but a hook to get people to subscribe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom