recommended malapascua dive ops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am still waiting for a reply from that dm based in Atlantis(Dumaguete) for his comment on min charge (P1,750.00) otherwise quality and safety would be compromised.
I dived all over the country but yet to pay over P1,300.00 for a quality and safe recreational dive!!! But then I don't dive with Atlantis at all.

An exception would be Anilao, but that is due to their unique pricing structure. If you want to dive during the week there and have no one to split costs with, you're going to pay much more than 1300 pesos... Other than that, I agree... a "standard" dive is probably not going to be more than 1300 pesos a dive in my experience. I normally get a better rate because I usually do a lot of dives. Any business will discount for multiple dives. Their per dive profit is smaller, but their overall profit is higher. Maybe it was a typo? :idk:

I don't think it's that important. We've given plenty of examples of quality dive operations who offer dives at much less than 1750 pesos :coffee:

Can anyone comment on Little Mermaid for lodging? I would probably try to dive with Sea Explorers next door if possible, but the resorts associated with S.E. are booked unless I book the most expensive rooms and even then have to switch rooms. So staying at L. Mermaid would be <1/2 the cost for lodging and I am not usually one to care too much as long as it's not gross, unsafe, etc. Evolution, of course recommeneded a lot here, is also booked. Seems like its going to be a busy weekend when I'm there.

@jeremyl
You really need to book months ahead if you want to stay in Malapascua during Easter period.
Good luck to your search.
I was at Southern Leyte recently and the resort was very very busy, luckily I booked the room 6 months ahead. The room for next year has already been reserved.

I did not realize this thread was 10yrs old when I posted on it... but might as well revive it.
I am not going during Easter, it is a 2wks later, but still 4 days over a weekend so it is busy. But I did find lodging but they dive ops are quite busy.

The likley lodging (Tapnee) uses Thresher Shark Divers. My dive agent recommends Sea Explorers, which do have room to add me even tho I am not staying at one of their resorts (they are booked).

The dive op is the most important aspect for the trip. Seems S.E. has a slight nod over TSD as a dive op. Pricing I think is 'similar' (for say a 10pk of dives)... it's not 100% transparent for my total (gear, nitrox, Gato Is, Capitancillo Is, 2 days with sharkies)... but I think they are in the same ballpark.

Anyone wanna sway me one way or the other :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom