Red Sea diving videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what camera and housing do you have? sharing this info is good at begining for those who are looking to purchase or compare diff cameras.
thanks.

Hi Misa,
My camera is Sony HDR-SR12, which I think is a great "tool". It records full-HD more than 40 hours using inernal hard disk, so during whole week -or two weeks- diving trip I do not need to change tapes or load anything to computer.

My housing is Amphibico EVO Elite (link). I compared many different housings, and at the end the selection was very clear. I wanted aluminium housing, which is reliable and has all the functionality I need. For example, I preferred to have built-in red filter at housing (of course it can be swithced on/off easily during dive); this gives me a choice either to use filter or to do color corrections in editor - or do both. I've been very happy with this housing.

However, hardware is just half of the story. The video editing software has also big impact to result. I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 9.0. I record always using full-HD, and after editing I compose a blu-ray disk. Of course e.g. for YouTube that resolution has to be downgraded.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom