Red Sea Liveaboard 2015 - Abu Nuhas Wrecks & Brother Islands (GoPro Edit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onderwaterfoto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The Diveplace expedition week aboard the M/Y Blue Planet safari boat in the Egyptian Red Sea. Encounters with Hammerheads, Oceanic Whitetips, Grey Reef Sharks and many other marine life. It was a great week with very nice weather and calm seas. During some dives we experienced some current, so filming was a challenge. The sharks (hammerheads) were hard to film because of the depth. The Red Sea water temperature was very high (30 degrees celsius), so they stayed at almost 50 meters. Nevertheless we were able to capture some nice shots.

We also visited the famous wreck site of Abu Nuhas and dived the Giannis D, Chrisoula K, Carnatic and the Thistlegorm.
Many thanks to the M/Y Blue Planet crew, Ashraf and all Diveplace divers onboard. Enjoy this new underwater film.

Gear:
GoPro Hero 3+ Black
GoPro Hero 3 Black
SRP BlurFix 3 SO
SRP BlurFix 3 Holder
URPro CY filter
2 x 55mm Marumi Macrolens
2 x Light & Motion Sola 1200
Snakeriver Prototyping Tray

https://vimeo.com/142065197

Excellent video - really nice work! I thoroughly enjoyed it and will watch it again several times. Actually, I was just on the Thistlegorm a couple of days ago, so this video is a great reminder of what a cool dive it is. Thanks for posting!

Nice! Where did you see Hammerheads? Daedalus reef or Brother? I have been there 2.10.2015, but I could not take a video because they were to deep(over 45m). But I was lucky with Whale shark and Longimanus( Oceanic white tip) on Small Brother island. I hope that video will be shown soon.

onderwaterfoto, what time of the year were you there? Thanks for sharing your great video!

We were there last week of september. The hammerheads were deep this time as well. 45 meters or deeper in slightly colder water. But sometimes you have to go a little deeper to get better images :wink:

I've been to Thistlegorm in 1999, the wreck was even better then but it is still a great dive site. And a night dive on Thistlegorm is special.

Yes and unfortunately it seems that some people are doing some night salvaging and hacking off parts with a saw, removing the grills from the trucks and stripping off parts. We noticed some of this just this last time compared to the last few times I was on that wreck.

That is so sad! they should leave it as it is for future generations to see! talk about selfish divers!

Nice video. Where did you find the hammerhead? Big Brothers, close to the numidia? What period - month -. Thanks

Yes and unfortunately it seems that some people are doing some night salvaging and hacking off parts with a saw, removing the grills from the trucks and stripping off parts. We noticed some of this just this last time compared to the last few times I was on that wreck.

Yes and do you know what is also funny? Do put air in a soldiers boot, so it rises to the surface and is gone. Previous scentence was filled with sarcasm...

In 1999 trucks were full with soldier boots, now you really have to look for them...so sad.

---------- Post added October 22nd, 2015 at 10:42 AM ----------

Nice video. Where did you find the hammerhead? Big Brothers, close to the numidia? What period - month -. Thanks

Hammerheads were on Little Brother - North side. They are there almost always. Little Brother north is one of my favourite dive sites. Also to see Thresher Sharks. You can see those from my video i shot in 2009.

We were there the last week of september.

https://vimeo.com/9676581

Back
Top Bottom