Question Red Sea North/South in June end

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
R

rashigarg

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, I am thinking to make a liveaboard trip to Red Sea north in June end. I understand it will be quite hot then, but water temperature should be nice. I want to get some feedback on how marine life will be? Is marine life expected to be almost dead (june end/july 1st week)? Is it worth going in June or should I reconsider for later in year in Nov?

You will not notice much heat on a liveaboard, its desert climate, always very windy at the sea, sometimes so much so that you need to take refuge inside. All indoors are air conditioned. Marine life will be there both months, there is not a distinct season as most of the expected marine life is non migratory. North route you mention focuses mainly on wrecks and reef diving, so you will see very nice colorful coral reefs a lot of fish and nice wrecks.
If you want to do anything in land later like travelling to luxor or cairo, then probably you are better off with November.

We have been both on a liveaboard and on the shore in early june and early august. We initially had the same concerns. It turns out that the heat was not oppressive at either venue. But, you do not want a cabin on an upper deck, particularly if your air conditioning is not fully functional. Also, there does seem to be a lot more activity after dark on the shore though in places like Dahab and Sharm.

We will be going again in early August of this year, as we know heat is not really a problem.

Hello, I am thinking to make a liveaboard trip to Red Sea north in June end. I understand it will be quite hot then, but water temperature should be nice. I want to get some feedback on how marine life will be? Is marine life expected to be almost dead (june end/july 1st week)? Is it worth going in June or should I reconsider for later in year in Nov?
Hi, did you end up making plans, and if so, did you decide on a boat/route? I am also thinking of going in June, if all works out and starting to figure out a boat and route. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom