Red Sea or Palau for a solo dive trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I unfortunately can't wait if I want to squeeze this in before my new job starts.
Go to Komodo NOW.
I have been to Komodo and Palau on several occasions and the former is far more interesting.

What does your flight look like to the Maldives?
I’m flying Emirates from IAD. It’s 12 hours to Dubai then a 1.5 hour layover then 4 hours to MLE. On the way back it’s a 5 hour layover. I was concerned that my flight gets in so close to the boarding time for the liveaboard but I checked with Explorer Ventures and they said the boat doesn’t leave until Monday morning so even if my flight is late I should be fine.

I'm reading that the 3 1/2 hour land transfer from Hurghada to the boat is tough ride. I'm willing to spend more time in the air vs. doing long drives to the boat departure point.
Transfer from HRG to Port Ghalib s now closer to 2 1/2h hours with the new highway and it's a simple ride in a van or mini bus depending on the size of the group. Nothing compared to the good old times :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom