Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gozumutti

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all

Only 13 more to days to wait, and I am back to the Red Sea for two weeks of warm water diving :D AND, if I do not prove to be all too stupid (duh!), for my AOWD. I already have the night and the deep dives, I just kinda worry about the navigation dive. I know the needle on the compass points north, but I don't necessarily want to go in that direction :D

Apparently the triggerfish have just started nesting, so this should be fun in any event...the sharks, however, are gone for the season :-(

gozu

Sue and Gozu(mutti):

Man, if only I had known you two ladies would be at the Red Sea, I would have scheduled a trip there! Never been there and have wanted to for quite a while.

With all the wildness in the Mideast, how calm is the Red Sea? Are there special security precautions or am I being silly?

Have fun, ladies! And tell us all about it!

Joewr

HI Sue

I will be in Hurghada, diving with Pro Sea Team for a week, and probably with James and Mac for the second week.

I will be doing a liveaboard over xmas (southern tour), but for the AOWD, I figured land-based would be better.

Where will you be? Sharm? Hurghada? Safaga?

Joel, there is not much *wildness* in the Middle East. I would not be taking a trip to Golan Heights right now, but down at the Red Sea, all agression is suspended as long as the tourists bring their money along hehehe. I also consider it as part of the excitement:D

gozumutti

I'll be in a liveaboard departing from Sharm.

The boat's name is Carpediem and we'll be doing the northen route.

Do you have any idea what's the water temp will be? I know surface temperatures will round 40 C, but I was advised to take a 5mm wet suit. What will you do?

Sue

Hi Sue

Water temp is presently around 28C, so a 5mm should do you fine.....as an old lady, I need more warmth, and will diving in a 6.5mm semi-dry.......

Dove in El Gouna (20miles north of Hurgarda) last June and had no problems in a 3mil shortie. Quite a few people in just shorts and t shirts.

Abu Nuhas and the Thistlegorm are must do trips.

Hope you all have a great time.

Lived in Sharm/Hurghada for a year and loved the Deep south Safaris to Elphinstone and beyond (hammerheads, dolphins & manta)
would not go back tho ... not keen on the locals!

Back
Top Bottom