Red sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Hunter

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 16 and have just finished my open water diving course and I'm shortly off to the Red sea and I can't wait. The only diving I've done has been in Englands cold and murky waters so the holiday to the Red Sea is even more exciting.
I was wondering if anyone with any previous experiance diving there could give me any websites about the diving; and could tell me any usefull items that are a must to take with me.

Many thanks,

David

Hi David,

Congratulations on getting certified. I wish I had been able to go to the Red Sea so soon after getting certified, you lucky devil. Anyway, I just thought I would let you know where you might be able to find some additional information about diving in the Red Sea area.

Just go to Scuba Directory and do a search for Egypt, Israel or Saudia Arabia from the Country drop down menu and you'll find information from lots of sources about the Red Sea area. If the listing has a web site or email associated with it, there will be a link to the site.

I hope you find the information you are looking for and have fun on your trip.

Cheers,

Heya David,

Here is another really Good Link for everything about the Red Sea with lots of links and decriptions.

Let me know if this helps!

=-)

Of the top 2 destinations in the Red Sea, Hurhada and Sharm El Sheikh, my experience was that Sharm is much better. Be aware of wetsuit considerations depending upon when you go. It can be relatively chilly in the winter.

Hi David,
You can check out http://www.Worldivingzone.com, they have
listings for resorts and dive operators world wide.
In my opinion the best part of the Red Sea is in sharem El Sheik, Egypt. It's mostley shore diving, really easy diving
and a lot to sea. You can also try Eilat Israel, there are not as many dive sites there but it's still the Red Sea!
I'm sure you'll love it out there, it is one of my favorite areas to dive in the world.
Dive safe.

P

dlphn1,

If you hadn't see it yet, you might want to check these 2 places out. The link you pointed out has 273 total listings for everything it has on everywhere.

1) ScubaSearch.com has over 1000 listings. When doing a search for the Red Sea it returned 133 Online websites matching that alone.

2) ScubaDirectory.com (the sister search site to ScubaSearch.com) has well over 15,000 listings total of sites both online and those without a website. When doing a search for the Red Sea it returned 88 matches.

Of course there may be a few repeats there but basically that gives you more hits on just the Red Sea than the entire listings of that other site.

=-)

David
I just came back from Hurghada in August and it was a building site!
The diving is very good though - especially compared with our english waters - you'll love diving in the Red Sea whereever you go - much better and warmer!
If you dive in Hurghada - in the Hilton Hurghada hotel there is a Emperor Divers centre and school. It is very good - the instructors are very very good!
I reccommend them. http://www.emperordivers.com and go to the link of hurghada.
The also have a centre in sharm - but i cant comment on them.
Have fun and take some piccys for us!
-x-abby-x-

Back
Top Bottom