Red snapper from 4 to 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom wicker

Contributor
Reaction score
I received an email today which I thought some of you may have an interest in. I hope some of you will take the time to read it and act

Dear All,

In order to counter the thousands of signatures from environmental groups requesting the NMFS to drop the red snapper TAC to 5.8 million pounds we have created a petition site that supports the council's decision to delay by 4 months any further action on red snapper and supports the voluntary buyout of commercial quota that would be transferred to the recreational sector upon purchase. PLEASE go to the site below by clicking on it or visit Orange Beach Fishing Association's web site www.gulffishing.net/home.htm and sign the petition there. We encourage you to forward this email to as many people as possible so that we can obtain as many signatures as possible.
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO TAKE YOU DIRECTLY TO PETITION
https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/794820007

Best Regards,
Bobbi Walker
President
Orange Beach Fishing Association

I signed the petition and I urge everyone to do the same, this kind of regulation eventually seeps into everyone's world no matter where you are. Signing will not cause you to get any spam if you dont tell it you want to be notified. please all support the rec fishermen and our limits we can get, sad as it is the people in charge have no idea what is down there but rather filling their pockets with money from the commercial industry.

Amen to screwing the poor guy trying to go one on one with the fishes. Fair chase vs Big A__ net! Which has a more negative impact on species survival?

Well now were losing the snapper pretty much a done deal. Now as of the 21st of November on a press release is to inform us lowlife recreational fishermen we now have a season for Grouper. Anyone want to bet if we start talking Sheepshead Old Roy boy will rush right in.

Anyone know how to get a commercial fishing license so I can rape some reefs?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom