Reef Club Cozumel / Sand Dollar Sports Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scram Bulleggs:
Story I was told while there (take with a grain of salt as I am new to diving an gullible)
There was a boom in Dive ops from the mainland with DM's unfamiliar with the area. I am told they stacked the shells as markers to find there way or something to that effect.

I have been seeing those submarine conch shell piles for as long as I have been diving Cozumel, which is about 15 years. I don't know what makes them.

jayjoans:
I don't want to start a pissing match here Pilot Fish,

Then don't. That is not my intention either.:)

There are many dive ops that are talked about on this site, and the vast majority of them are not discussed on here because of a complaint.

That is my point. I think we can agree that not every diver Op is perfect and there will always be some minor problem. Is that a fair statement? Also, not ever single diver will be TOTALLY satisfied with whatever Dive Op they dive with. Is that also a fair statement? Ok, I have NEVER SEEN any other Dive Op address a compaint with the level of honesty that Sand Dolalr Sports has. That show ME they are trying their best to acheive perfection, not hide minor faults. They are a very good Dive Op, and reasonably priced, smaller Dive Ops are not, with good lockers and rinse tanks, with places to securely dry your gear. None of the smaller operations can offer that.

How can you say that NO OTHER dive shop owner would act the same way Suzanne did, when MOST other dive ops don't have posters complaining about them by name on the board?

Simple. Because in a few years on this Board I have NEVER SEEN IT:shakehead

I fully agree that Suzanne did a fine job responding to the original poster.

OK, we agree :)

Again, your characterization that NO OTHER DIVE OP would respond the way Suzanne did is the problem I have with your post.

It's not a characterization but a statement based on my observation of reading this Board for the past few years. You are new here and have not posted much, so perhaps you are not aware of what I say? Read the Board more.

There are some dive ops discussed here on scubaboard that have not had to address complaints like the one originally posted, so you cannot say that they would not respond as well as Suzanne did.

Again, not every diver is 100% satisfied with EVERY Dive Op but SDS is the ONLY one *I* have seem do that. If I missed it please point it out to me? I don't think you have been here long enough to know that, but I hope you stay and read the more, and post, more.

I'm done, this is bandwidth wasting at it's finest.

Fine.

jayjoan, if you feel that strongly about your favorite Dive Op, that's understandable, then start a thread to them and give them the credit you thinik they deserve. That would be a nice thing to do.

PF...let it go.

pilot fish:
They are a very good Dive Op, and reasonably priced, smaller Dive Ops are not, with good lockers and rinse tanks, with places to securely dry your gear. None of the smaller operations can offer that.

I'm probably going to regret this...

There are smaller dive ops on Cozumel that are reasonably priced and have rinse tanks, lockers, etc. Blue Angel, for example.

I'll hang up now and listen. ;^)

pilot fish:
They are a very good Dive Op, and reasonably priced, smaller Dive Ops are not, with good lockers and rinse tanks, with places to securely dry your gear. None of the smaller operations can offer that.
Huh? :confused: You are contradicting pretty much EVERYTHING you said earlier in this thread

From earlier:
pilot fish:
Sand Dollar is not the worst but they are not a good dive op. If you are a new diver I would avoid them..

There is a reason you don't see the good dive ops on here responding to criticism... THEY DON'T HAVE TOO!!! FWIW - I've never been out with Sand Dollar but their limiting of bottom times insure that I never will either. So, you see, they really aren't as reasonable as you say they are.

pilot fish:
It's not a characterization but a statement based on my observation of reading this Board for the past few years. You are new here and have not posted much, so perhaps you are not aware of what I say? Read the Board more
What does reading have to do with posting? There are plenty of people who lurk who have a good grasp on reality... not everyone feels the need to rack up a 5 post a day average.

OMG - I can't believe I went through this whole thread again... Ugh!

Huh? :confused: You are contradicting pretty much EVERYTHING you said earlier in this thread

From earlier:

There is a reason you don't see the good dive ops on here responding to criticism... THEY DON'T HAVE TOO!!! FWIW - I've never been out with Sand Dollar but their limiting of bottom times insure that I never will either. So, you see, they really aren't as reasonable as you say they are.

I dove with SDS for a week three years ago when they were the dive operation at the Melia. They got us to the reefs on time each day, gave us a good deal and even paid for cab fare to there dock. However bottem time was an issue. Our group of three often had 12-19 hundred PSI left when they called "time". Several times we stayed an additional ten minutes and were chastised by the DM upon returning to the boat. Sounds like things have not changed much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom