Reflection using W/A lens on DC1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not seen this with the WA lens. When I pop mit on I can see the camera automatically adjust itself and the dark corners disappear. Only time I ever see it is when the lens is not all the way on cuz I bumped it.

I'm not talking about dark corners (vinetting). In certain light, there is a reflection of the camera body lens in the picture. It is being reflected against the inside of the wide angle lens because the camera body lens is silver and not a matte finsih, and the pictures pick up that reflection. If you look in the picture in post #1, look at the kelp just below the diver and you will see a small semi-circle of light. That is the on board lens.

You will have to carefully paint with flat black paint, black permanent marker or whatever you come up with otherwise it will continue to reflect. Not a DC1000 but you will notice my Canon 570 is blacked out for the very same reason.

DSCF0007.jpg

Otherwise I will see "Canon Lens" in every shot, especially when shooting into brighter scenes.

N

If you shoot directly into the sun like that you will never be a happy camper. N

If you shoot directly into the sun like that you will never be a happy camper. N

Yep. I was just curious to see how much the lens flared. That's the only shot I took the whole trip that looked like that, or that you could see the ring.

True, but I have one in Hawaii at 90 ft that has the same reflection.

Guys, lol, I agree that the lens ring should have been made blackened from the manufacturer but it wasn't so you will have to do it yourself or you will continue to get those reflections in the port. No way around it, it is aggravating, I am sure.

Here is one showing internal reflection, sometimes it just happens but of course I am shooting into a bright scene. Notice the overall low contrast also.

IMG_0546_edited-1.jpg

N

Back
Top Bottom