REfurbished Oly C5050 . . question please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zorrr2

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just had a C5050 flood on me on my last trip. . . GRUNT :banghead:

Have found a replacement on Refurbish .com . . a REBUILT model.

Now I already have a LOT invested in my current setup and replacing the camera seems to be the cheapest way back into the picture world. . . that is AFTER extensive testing on the housing and trying to figure out WHHHHHYYY it flooded in the first place (review previous listing for the story).

Any feelings on these REBUILT cameras . . ??? Thanks

Zorrr2:

Now I already have a LOT invested in my current setup and replacing the camera seems to be the cheapest way back into the picture world. . . that is AFTER extensive testing on the housing and trying to figure out WHHHHHYYY it flooded in the first place (review previous listing for the story).

My OLY 5050 flooded a few years ago (it was definitively operator error... I didn't check the even-ness of the o-ring seal around the housing). I'm now using a refurbished and have had absolutely no issues with it.

YMMV

Regard, bob

I bought a refurbished camera as a back up in case I flooded my C5050. I haven't had any problems with it and I use it regularly.

The xD PictureCard slot in my original camera doesn't work so I use the refurb most of the time so I can have two memory cards when diving. It functions perfectly.

I have a refurbed c5050 and it works fine. It had a couple of very minor cosmetic blemishes but functionally it is perfect.

Zorrr2:

Both my Oly C4000Z's are refurbished cameras. I have taken thousands of photos with them and they are still going strong.

Since this may have got lost in the big move, I'll revive it. Any one got a good source for rebuilt/ refurb cameras?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom