REg Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chien

Registered
Reaction score
Have any of you dived the Zeagle DS Five or the Envoy regulator? Would these regulators work for a technical diver. Each has 5 low pressure ports and 2 high pressure ports, and a small first stage, that should allow for good hose configuration. They seem to breath very well and are not as expensive as some others. The DS Five is environmentally sealed The Envoy is not. Both are balanced.

Either reg is high performance, extremely durable, and works great for tech diving. The Envoy is not environmentally sealed, (which probably isn't a major factor if you aren't diving in coldwater). Check out zeagle.com for a complete review of their regs. Very impressive.
Norm

The Ds 4 ( same item part number as the DS 5) is environmentally sealed. It's performance is surprisingly comparable to the Flathead of both Zeagle and Apeks. Zeagle sold Apeks in North America for nearly 15 years hense their line of regs perform very well as a near copy and at less cost. But I am bias. I do dive both Apeks ( Zeagle variant) and (just started diving) the Zeagle DS4 regs on my cave set up. You will like the set up and performance.

Chien:
Each has 5 low pressure ports and 2 high pressure ports, and a small first stage, that should allow for good hose configuration. QUOTE]

first of all I would like to say
I do not know anything of the two regs you have specified. they seem to be highly valued of others here on the board..

nonetheless I would like to know why you need so many ports ??

maybe you have thought of this maybe not, in anycase I give you something to think about...

you have a total of 14 ports for a double tank config.....
you normally would use 5 or 6 of them, thats not even half the number of your first stage ports...
4 LP/IP ports for 2 second stage regulators and 1 alternatively 2 for spg and preasure sensor for computer...

why would you want the extra 2-3 HP and 6 LP/IP ports ??
for me that is just many orings that might blow for nothing...

For that reason you might want to reconsider, in any case good luck with you diving..

just my 2 c

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom