Removing stains from wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum:
I know that nothing I use to intentionally mark dive gear including neoprene items ever lasts. I think time is your friend on this one. Start diving a lot more!

Pete

Peat, I think you have given me a good idea. Let's find out what made this stain and market it for marking suits. Finally something that sticks!

Perrier:
Hi!

I laid my wetsuit on a deck chair to drip dry, & when I removed it I discovered stains on the parts of the suit that were touching wood--which of course is on the part that's yellow so it shows up real nice. I rinsed it as usual, using wetsuit shampoo, & I scrubbed the stains w/that shampoo, but nothing. Any ideas on what I can use to remove the stains? I'm nervous to just go around the house & try everything. Help, please!

I bought a wetsuit that had this exact same problem. The stain was even on the yellow part. The suit was otherwise brand new and hanging on the rack at the dive shop but someone had split coffee on it and made a big brown blotch. It fit me and was marked down nearly 1/2 price so I jumpped on the deal. Two years later now and I've completely forgotten where the brown stain was. And yes I too tried to remove it. It would not come out even after 48 hours of soaking in Simple Green. But two years and 223 dives later it is gone. I think it only took a few weeks of diving it to make the brown so away. After a dive I put me stuff in a rince tank and keep it there 'till the next day. So in that time it may have had maybe 6 days cumulative soaking time. Normal use should cure your problem salt water is hard on everything including stains

Jump in the pool for a few hours a day, and the chlorine will bleach it right now. Ever seen an instructor's wetsuit?

It'll kill your suit prematurely, too, but hey, the stain will be gone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom