Rental gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When you have rented a regulator what did the console contain? Pressure gauge obviously, but was there also a depth gauge, compass or computer?

Shop owners, what's on the console of your rental string? Is it unusual to rent regulators that only have a pressure gauge?
Ber :bunny:

SPG
Depth
Compass
contained in a piviot console

Hallmac

I've never seen a rental with only a pressure gauge & no depth gauge. They usually come with a compass but not always. Sometimes you can get one with a computer in it but it costs more to rent.

Yes I once had a rented gauge that only had pressure and no depth , which I wasn't very happy about as a newbe and in the UK with poor vis you can't see the surface and didn't have a clue how deep I was !!!!!! Not recommended :eek:

Hallmac once bubbled...
SPG
Depth
Compass
contained in a piviot console

Hallmac

Ditto on the equipment my son gets when we rent for him.

Sean

SPG and Depth Gauge

Some have compasses.

After 35 dives, I am still renting gear. So far, I have run across two dive shops with just pressure gauges and no depth gauges in their consoles. One of them is in Elba, Italy, and the other in Veracruz, Mexico.

Now I always e-mail the shop and ask before I rent from them.

Itziar

I have rented analog guages that have an SPG and depth guage as well as SPG only guage. Luckily that day I knew my max
depth was only 35ft so it really didnt' matter, but still
not recommended.

Now I own an analog SPG and depth guage as well
as a dive computer. (Redundant, maybe, but
gives me peace of mind in case of computer failure)

A couple times when I was renting (many years ago) my LDS tried to give me one with pressure, no depth gauge. I think that's bogus and always insisted on a depth gauge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom