Rental truck not vandalized

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please stay on topic an post your negative comments to the other thread. :no:
325 DAYS, 11 HOURS, 32 MINUTES, 48 SECONDS until Karpata...dang that's a long countdown!

325 DAYS, 11 HOURS, 32 MINUTES, 48 SECONDS until Karpata...dang that's a long countdown!

:no: this is an open forum. We allow free speach here.
:dramaqueen:'s have some right to be here too. It's up to those reading these threads to decide who they will listen to.

Yes DiverAmy, nobody wants to hear about your truck being broken into! Everyone knows about the petty crime problems, this is a thread about the exceptions when nothing happens. :wink:

Again, sad, sad commentary that positive comments need to be begged and solicited about Bonaire, that's really depressing, the diving experience there is truly unique in all of the Caribbean.

I would encourage other Bonaire visitors to relate their positive experiences. :D

Thanks for the sanity check. Here are a few that come to mind...

1. Meeting you and your sweetheart on Bonaire last winter.
  2. Discovering Beachcomber Villas in 2011 and enjoying 10 weeks there since with our new friends Tim & Leanne. The traditional resorts like Buddy Dive et al will never seem the same.
  3. Enjoying nightly sunset happy hours on the Beachcomber Villas oceanfront terrace.
  4. Watching the New Year's Eve fireworks show over the waterfront from Belnem to Hato.
  5. The excitement of unpacking dive gear and preparing for the first dive of each trip.
  6. Playing with a curious octopus in the shallows at Something Special.
  7. Interacting with an unexpected manta ray at 18th Palm.
  8. Finding schooling tarpon, curious squid, and an unexpected seahorse on the same dive at the Salt Pier.
  9. Watching a dolphin and her calf swim by underwater at Tori's Reef.
  10. Finding 2 seahorses and 2 frogfish on an unguided dive at The Cliff.
  11. Telerin Car Rental. Poppy and Jacinto are great people.
  12. Dining at Between 2 Buns, Pasa Bon Pizza, Bobbejan's BBQ, Hagen's Cactus Blue burgers, Appetite, Cappricio, and At Sea.
  13. Polar beer!
  14. Great people, American groceries, and cheap booze at Zhung Kong market in Hato.
  15. Murphyn Henar at Buddy Dive. Our friend for 17 years.
  16. Freedom to dive where, when, how, and as long as we want.
  17. Fantastic and fun staff at Dive Friends. The consistent tank fill pressure and EAN mix are nice too.
  18. Oceanfront BBQ cooked by Chef Gibi and great conversation with Gibi and Emma.
  19. Earning recognition from TCB as "Bonaire Ambassadors" for the years we've been returning regularly to the island.
  20. The scavenger hunt shopping for groceries, fresh produce, and souvenirs for the kids back home.
  21. Friday night Manager's Rum Punch Party at Buddy Dive's pool bar. Free rum punch, cheap beers, and music by Moogie!
  22. Bruce Bowker's Carib Inn dive shop. Competitive prices and awesome service. We consider this to be our LDS.
  23. The curious baby flamingo that introduced itself to my wife after exiting at The Lake.
  24. Our growing collection of multicolored BNMP tags.
  25. Preventing Post Trip Depression (PTD) by booking our next trip before leaving the island.

We're looking forward to 2 weeks on Bonaire in early June, and 3 weeks over the winter holidays!

Someone stole half the air from one of the tanks in our jeep the last time we were there. Thankfully they only took the air and not the tank.

• Great people, American groceries, and cheap booze at Zhung Kong market in Hato.
  • Murphyn Henar at Buddy Dive. Our friend for 17 years.
  • Freedom to dive where, when, how, and as long as we want.
  • Earning recognition from TCB as "Bonaire Ambassadors" for the years we've been returning regularly to the island.
  • Friday night Manager's Rum Punch Party at Buddy Dive's pool bar. Free rum punch, cheap beers, and music by Moogie!
  • Bruce Bowker's Carib Inn dive shop. Competitive prices and awesome service. We consider this to be our LDS.
  • Our growing collection of multicolored BNMP tags.
  • Preventing Post Trip Depression (PTD) by booking our next trip before leaving the island. We're looking forward to 2 weeks on Bonaire in early June, and 3 weeks over the winter holidays!

• Oh these happy posts make me yearn for the days of PilotFish! :wink: (I joke)
A few more -
  • Make a reservation and stay for the buffet dinner (US $24) after the Buddy Rum Punch party. Request a table oceanside, hope the Manta rays swim by. Suckling pig on a spit, yum!
  • Drive down to lighhouse on a moonless night, check out the stars and the Milky Way.
  • Saturday night dives, no one else around, thinking about all our new friends sitting on a plane bound for home.
  • Sitting at the dock, end of day, with my best dive buddy/spouse/friend and a cold adult beverage, decompressing, reflecting on the day and planning the next dive.
  • Tres Leche cake at Mi Banana.
  • Counting the days till I can either rent long term or buy a little piece of paradise....

Someone stole half the air from one of the tanks in our jeep the last time we were there. Thankfully they only took the air and not the tank.

Was it the left half, or the right half......Or...might have been the bottom half vs the top half........Please describe......:)

I know somebody has broken into my unlocked, and empty truck on every trip.

They keep stealing my time, I know this because on every single trip while I could swear it can only be maybe Wed, the calendar says its already Fri, and I have go home already!!!

The police refuse to find that time thief, and the insurance won't reimburse me for the days I can swear were taken.

It's a conspiracy! I bet they have a black market where they are selling those extra days I want to somebody else!

Thanks for the sanity check. Here are a few that come to mind...

1. Meeting you and your sweetheart on Bonaire last winter.
  2. Discovering Beachcomber Villas in 2011 and enjoying 10 weeks there since with our new friends Tim & Leanne. The traditional resorts like Buddy Dive et al will never seem the same.
  3. Enjoying nightly sunset happy hours on the Beachcomber Villas oceanfront terrace.
  4. Watching the New Year's Eve fireworks show over the waterfront from Belnem to Hato.
  5. The excitement of unpacking dive gear and preparing for the first dive of each trip.
  6. Playing with a curious octopus in the shallows at Something Special.
  7. Interacting with an unexpected manta ray at 18th Palm.
  8. Finding schooling tarpon, curious squid, and an unexpected seahorse on the same dive at the Salt Pier.
  9. Watching a dolphin and her calf swim by underwater at Tori's Reef.
  10. Finding 2 seahorses and 2 frogfish on an unguided dive at The Cliff.
  11. Telerin Car Rental. Poppy and Jacinto are great people.
  12. Dining at Between 2 Buns, Pasa Bon Pizza, Bobbejan's BBQ, Hagen's Cactus Blue burgers, Appetite, Cappricio, and At Sea.
  13. Polar beer!
  14. Great people, American groceries, and cheap booze at Zhung Kong market in Hato.
  15. Murphyn Henar at Buddy Dive. Our friend for 17 years.
  16. Freedom to dive where, when, how, and as long as we want.
  17. Fantastic and fun staff at Dive Friends. The consistent tank fill pressure and EAN mix are nice too.
  18. Oceanfront BBQ cooked by Chef Gibi and great conversation with Gibi and Emma.
  19. Earning recognition from TCB as "Bonaire Ambassadors" for the years we've been returning regularly to the island.
  20. The scavenger hunt shopping for groceries, fresh produce, and souvenirs for the kids back home.
  21. Friday night Manager's Rum Punch Party at Buddy Dive's pool bar. Free rum punch, cheap beers, and music by Moogie!
  22. Bruce Bowker's Carib Inn dive shop. Competitive prices and awesome service. We consider this to be our LDS.
  23. The curious baby flamingo that introduced itself to my wife after exiting at The Lake.
  24. Our growing collection of multicolored BNMP tags.
  25. Preventing Post Trip Depression (PTD) by booking our next trip before leaving the island.

We're looking forward to 2 weeks on Bonaire in early June, and 3 weeks over the winter holidays!

Now you have my attention...is this something Gibi is doing often and if so where? It's been a long time since I had some of his kabrita stoba. I would love to see my old friend again.

Back
Top Bottom