Repacking Filters for Non breathable Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

splatzone

New
Reaction score
Hey guys I own a OLD Airforce Computer. It's a Large 30 CFM. 6k PSI compressor.. My problem is i have to replace filters every couple months at 300$. Since im not producing breathable air.. I don't care to much about the air.. but my compressor does it monitors the air and it won't run when the co2 alarm goes off.

It has 3 filters the Numbers on it is
50-CL03
50-CL01
50-M394

Is there a solenoid that turns on off the air? Sounds like something that could be hotwired to flow regardless. Electrical and pneumatic schematics would be helpful.

---------- Post added July 25th, 2013 at 10:06 PM ----------

What is the air used for?

From the filter #'s this may be an American Bristol Compressor (not a computer). Do you have a picture of the unit??
You can certainly remove the CO2 monitor and eliminate the control switch. It is either a "normally closed" or "normally open" switch. Determine which -- and either cut the wires or jump them together .
Jim Shelden

We use this compressor at my Paintball Field.. I will take pics this weekend.. The computer controlls the Throttle, When the co2 alarm goes off it shuts down the Engine, I've thought about removing the sensor just don't know what one since it has so many.. I will take pics this weekend

---------- Post added July 26th, 2013 at 07:50 PM ----------

993640_10200386986263466_143889004_n.jpg

1006294_10200386986223465_1641201988_n.jpg

---------- Post added July 26th, 2013 at 07:52 PM ----------

The First picture I don't know if those are Co2 monitors or what.. I'll have couple more pics sat.. I just remembed somethign that says something but i can't adjust it

Clearly not a Bristol 50 series filter system IF you are using it for paintball IT will certainly have dry air with that filter system.
Jim S

I just noticed i said computer instead of Compressor.. :) When we had the filters installed in oct it was cert with the best breathing air in the state

Back
Top Bottom