Repairing BC's and Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

americanoregon

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have done a search, and I was surprised this hasn't come up before. I posted this question in the DIY branch, but it seems that not many people go there, so I am posting it here, too. My wing is losing air. Assuming I can find the leak, how do I fix it? Are there websites or beeks that can help? Preferred glue and patch material? Anyone done this with good results, or bad? I would not want to DUCCO cement it and then find out it doesn't work when I am 30 meters down!

Those links are all great. THANK YOU JonnyThan. I wonder why none of them came up when I entered "reapir BC", "repair BCD", and "repair wing" into the search box?

Complete BCD patch kits are available. I recently obtained one from WW Diving in Humble, Texas and took it to a dive operator friend in Honduras . Everyhting one needs to fix a leaking BCD.

Regards,

The search function only accepts words four letters or more. Repair wing wprked for me without the quotes.

I removed an old CO2 inflator connection from an old BC, This created a 5/16 or so hole. I used Aqua Seal and a patch and it worked great. If you are going to patch it is better to use round patches vs. square. The tips on the square patches tend to lift up and do not want to bond as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom