Repetitive Decompression dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VooDooGasMan

Contributor
Reaction score
Last saturday I had to go check out mooring buoy before a dive and it was just the kelp so decided to let the currents do there work. I cruised over to dive and decide to dive when I got there with the first tank, so I did a bounce to 130' then made my way up. I have a gopro on the front of my speargun with light I am playing with right now. I came up boarded RIB changed tanks and went back down and did a dive to 60' or so up to 30' or so, So I was bouncing along shooting vid.

Not having timing device I did about 30 min first dive spent 5 mins or so at 10' and then 50+ mins on second dive.

Diving Dry I can do a couple of dives so I decided that I wanted to warm up in between, so I got out the ole navy tables and did a Repetitive Decompression Dive on sunday instead of just one long deco dive.

ON SUNDAY

I did 24 mins at 105' which put me in the H group with a 2 hour surface, I went back to clubhouse and warmed up for an hour. that put me in the E group.

second dive 145' for 15 mins then you add 12mins to 15mins with a total of 27 mins on the repetitive dive, I stopped at 20' for 8 mins then 10' for 24 mins.

I spend time in the shallows anyways cause of all the sealife we have so it always goes buy quick.

I really liked this it was not much differrent except I got to go deeper on second dive and only decompressed once and got to warm up between dives.

This dive was a test from many years of not practicing this kind of dives, usually my buddies in the great lakes and I did these at deeper depths as I will do them at probably no more than 150' for this winter. soon the vis goes down and it is just plain dark to enjoy a good bottom time.

This is a great way to get two dives in and warm up in between, playing pool and watching what ever sport is on that the members are watching, I had lunch but did not indulge in there beer drinking until I got back from diving second dive.

Used a uwatec Bottom Timer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom