Question Replacement O2 sensor for Divesoft Trimix analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It looks like the sensor in my Divesoft analyzer has gone current-limited and won't even calibrate to O2 at 1ATA anymore.

Is it possible to use a cell that came out of my rEvo as a substitute in the Divesoft analyzer?

I have several that aged out of my rEvo but will still read well above 1.0.

Since I am one of the rEvo owners who replaces my cells before they fail, I take out good ones. At least good enough for my Divesoft analyzer.

Yes, they go right in. I am about to rotate another cell into mine.

Thanks, @broncobowsher.

I just tried mine and it sure seems to work fine. I was mainly asking in case somebody came back with something to tell me that it might fit and seem to work but there was still a reason to use an actual Divesoft sensor instead.

I know the rEvo sensors have a hydrophobic membrane to keep moisture out. I guess that *might* make them respond more slowly than the DS sensor, that does not have that membrane. But, on trying it, I can't tell any difference in the speed that it reacts.

What a nice change! Something in scuba that's easy and saves me money, instead of costing me money. :) lol!

Also, this is the second time I've replaced the sensor in my analyzer. The first time, I bought an actual DS sensor. That was in September, 2020. So, it lasted 2.5 years? (I didn't realize it had been that long!) The sensor I just put in was initially installed in my rEvo in May, 2020, and it is still fine. It's just been sitting in a baggie of a few old "just-in-case" sensors. Love those Vandagraph sensors!

I use my rotated-out cells from the rEvo in my Solo.

- brett

Same here. That’s one of the reasons I got the Divesoft to replace the Analox I had before.

:oops: Aged out of a revo? How old are they? 6 years? 8 years?

LOL! Touchè! I have been cycling them out after 1 year. Had been. More recently I have been following the actual rEvo protocol.

It looks like the sensor in my Divesoft analyzer has gone current-limited and won't even calibrate to O2 at 1ATA anymore.

Is it possible to use a cell that came out of my rEvo as a substitute in the Divesoft analyzer?

I have several that aged out of my rEvo but will still read well above 1.0.

Short answer: yes.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom