Rescue Breathing from a Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From a legal point of view remember that you would be using a piece of equipment not designed for the purpose of resuscitation, and that there would be no recognised training course in the use of this equipment. Could you be risking a law suit for not using a properly approved technique (ie standard CPR) which you have been trained

Good Samaritan laws would cover this, but still don't do it. It won't work.

Wildcard:
From a legal point of view remember that you would be using a piece of equipment not designed for the purpose of resuscitation, and that there would be no recognised training course in the use of this equipment. Could you be risking a law suit for not using a properly approved technique (ie standard CPR) which you have been trained

Good Samaritan laws would cover this, but still don't do it. It won't work.

Good Samaritan Laws would cover you, a medical professional, using novel treatment methodology and equipment? Not my understanding. Please cite chapter and verse so I can change my mind if I'm wrong.

If your acting in a prudent manor and not reckless abandon, you will be covered. Would I? That would be sticky but probably, but then again, I wouldn't do it and thats why I advised aganst it.

The acts must be within your training and generally accepted. I wouldn't attempt a heart transplant under that umbrella. :D

Wildcard:
If your acting in a prudent manor and not reckless abandon, you will be covered. Would I? That would be sticky but probably, but then again, I wouldn't do it and thats why I advised aganst it.

That is the whole point. Doing what you suggested, and later backed off from, would not be acting as a reasonable and prudent person with your training would. Therefore, Good Samaritan laws would not protect you.

As a medical professional you get hit from other angles too; your Standing Orders and training. They don't call those things "Orders" for nothing. Even if off-duty they become the measure of your performance. Of course Training hits everyone regardless of their role. Do something outside your training, like a Dermatologist doing heart surgery, and someone is getting slapped big time.

Nope, Good Samaritan Laws ain't an umbrella for being a cowboy, despite what some may think.

Read again, I never suggested using a regulator. In fact I described the problems. You may be looking a a quote that I posted wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom