Rescue Class Bad Experience Because Of Agency

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never experienced anything like that. I have however taken six PADI classes and three CMAS classes and then some classes from other agencies and I do understand how some people may be unhappy with various agencies. Not every agency suits every diver. It is only human to express ones opinion, but it should not interfere with paid instruction.

Last edited:
If you really feel strongly about it you can report the instructor to NAUI. I think an argument could be made that he violated the portion of the NAUI Instructor Code of Ethics that states:

The NAUI Instructor is pledged to promote “Dive Safety Through Education.” In fulfilling this obligation, the instructor shall:
instruct objectively, without favoritism or granting special advantage or placing special requirements, and not expose the student to prejudice, embarrassment or disparagement.

I don't know if the NAUI Board of Directors would do anything about your complaint but the instructor definitely reflects poorly on the organization.

Well said, Senior Chief

---------- Post added July 4th, 2014 at 12:32 PM ----------

FYI. I took PADI course in college. 14 weeks@ 3 hours/week.

Sounds like you got the good kind.

It also sounds like he got college credit for the course (3 hrs/wk 14 weeks) so it's a double good deal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom