Resonable accomodation in Lahaina Maui? *time sensitive*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We stay at Lahaina Beach resort almost everytime we go. Last time it was 699.00 for 7 nights, we book thru VRBO. Nice place right on the beach and your right in Lahaina. I book the condo first then find my airline. Enjoy, you will like the diving.

Im looking for this place but cant find it anywhere. Is this lahaina shores beach resort?

So far im not having much luck with vrbo. Every listing I get returned is unavailable for my dats or hiding the high price.

I might just have to drive down there n see what I see. Im going to be here from 12 to the 19th... not a lot of notice I guess

Probably is - you can see the location on this map - it's the last one on the right. (U18 on the map)

Capture.jpg

Found this one in Kahana - just north of Kaanapali. Might be the best you'll do - $169/nt. If it's still available - Calendar shows updated 1/1: Kahana Vacation Rental - VRBO 121726 - 0 BR West Maui Condo in HI, Beachfront Royal Kahana Ocean View Studio

It's a unit in this building - that beach is never that empty..lol:
royal_kahana.jpg

One to check in Kihei: http://www.vrbo.com/145999ha

What is going on that week in February? Everything seems booked solid...

Last edited:
That's President's week so some schools have a semester break. Other people take advantage of a 3 day weekend by extending it. Its a rough week to try to travel last minute.

Try this: http://www.mauiscuba.com/about/maui-accommodations/

It's a few blocks from the ocean with no view, but might be worth checking out since it's inexpensive and very nice. We stayed in the 2-bedroom hale quite a few times before we bought our own place and found it to be very clean, comfortable, and convenient.

Thank you again everyone for helping me with this. I checked out all the places linked and they were all booked by the time I got ahold of them.

I found a place for 150/night at the Days Inn in S Kihei. At least till the 16th anyway. then I'm on the street again. but thats 3 days from now, so I'm going to enjoy some diving.

I'm going to wander by mauiscuba today, i talked to them on the phone yesterday, apperently the owner there is some famous UW photographer :D sounds like an oppertunity to talk some shop :)

Again, TY for your help!

Wait, you're there now? I thought we were talking about Feb.

Check with Shaka Doug Corbin also - he may know of something in the Kihei area. http://shakadivers.com/welcome.htm

Last edited:
Wait, you're there now? I thought we were talking about Feb.

Check with Shaka Doug Corbin also - he may know of something in the Kihei area. Welcome to Shaka Divers Website!

lol yeah, i'm here now. thats why i'm having such a hard time finding a place. I'd imagine it would be easier to book something in feb. but then, maybe not ;D

whats this "shaka" thing all about, I see that here a lot. Does doug do 1 on 1s or big groups? I went down to ed robinsons adventures (mauiscuba) and books an adventure dive for friday, also rented a scuba set and a 10 tank card, I figure I'll just go hang out with the snorkelers and see how it goes. Maybe a local diver will see, and feel sorry for me and show me around a bit. I don't need any real "dives" I just need fodder for my camera. I tried to get on a dive with ed, but he only dives on Wednesdays and hes all booked up for that one. Maybe next time I guess.

Doug does shore dives,mostly along the Kihei beaches I believe. Small groups, maybe 1 to 1. Most of Maui diving is close to shore.

You might want to try some of those couch surfing accommodation websites. Sorry, don't have a link.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

---------- Post added January 14th, 2014 at 12:29 AM ----------

Maybe Maui camper vans. They rent VW campers.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I want to thank everyone for the assistance you've given me. The trip is now concluded :) flying home tomorrow afternoon, then flying out for work the next morning for another 3 week tour.

I was able to get a couple dives in, I dont remember all the names of the places, but I did get the crater and mala pier in. Bothe great dives. Ive never dove in water with as good vis as the crater berfore, very nice.

The crater dive was with a group though and between trying to dodge everyone and the surge, it didnt make for fruitful photography. Mala pier was teaming with life, but again, surge is a bitch. I was able to get some good shots, but nothing as good as I was hoping.

My home turf has a fair current, but no surge to speak of, so thats something ill need more practice with.

Anyhoo, off to look through this trips take ( of images) thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom