Revillagigedo Islands, Mexico Aka Socorro Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Premo83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I would like to share a video from my recent trip to the Revillagigedo Islands, Mexico aka Socorro Islands on the Nautilus Belle Amie. Especially the encounters with the giant pacific manta rays were breath taking as they sought out the divers for a nice bubble bath. Also the night snorkelling with Silky Sharks was a great experience as the came up close and from every angle but I had a tough time to get good shots.

The video was shot with a Sony RX100m2.

I will post a trip report soon to give you more details.

I loved that boat, but not as much as I loved the diving! Great video. Thanks for sharing.

We dove the Socorros in November of 2014. I was certified in 1991 and to this date, that trip was the best I've ever taken. We saw exactly what you saw but we had two encounters with whale sharks to boot! The close up encounters with the dolphins and mantas were beyond amazing. We were on the Rocio Del Mar which is another fine boat. The Socorros should be on everyone's bucket list!

I loved the Nautilus Belle Amie too and as you both said the diving is exceptional. Roca Partida I enjoyed the most because I had the feeling anything can show at any given time. The Rocio del Mar looked fine from the outside as well but I have never seen it from the inside.

Probably I'm going again on the Belle Amie next March and hopefully I see some humpbacks.

For those thinking about the Belle Amie, here's a video I took of the boat and the trip...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom