Revive an old DUI TLS 350 (Zipper, Latex allergy) - need advices & tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The neck seal was easy, maybe the most eastiest part.
IMG_20240128_120152.jpg
Quite happy with the result letting it dry for an inspection tomorrow.
IMG_20240128_120857.jpg

The glue is fully dry and the bonding sturdy. This weekend I apply the Aquasure sealant.
IMG_20240203_120043.jpgIMG_20240203_120107.jpg
Still happy with the results. Now another 1 (or 2!) weeks of letting it dry... with zipper and seals it looks like a drysuit again.

work on the inside is done:
IMG_20240206_184845~2.jpg

The Aquasure sealant was not that easy. Without Cotol it dries ultra slow and running noses... so it is not so straight lined as intended. So, Aquasure better with Cotol...

Now last optical tasks on the outher side... hope that my "summer drysuit" will be dry 😊

last steps:
(1) A tiny line of Aquasure at the outher side edge of the cuffs to prevent peeling.
(2) The outher side of the zipper looked not nice, because the former sewing holes are visible. So I simply covered that with tape.
IMG_20240211_101348.jpgIMG_20240211_102523.jpg

Now letting it dry and test the suit soon...

Happy, tried the suit and it holds the vaccum... in water test soon 😊
IMG_20240212_175224.jpgIMG_20240212_175258.jpg

Stayed dry... the repair was successful. About 400 bucks for approx. 5 years of diving.
Nice job, thank you for documenting what you did and the confirmation that you made it work!

For completeness of the thread, although I'm not in Germany, it would be great to know where you got all the parts.

Thanks again

I brought everything from sf-1.eu. They also make the Scubaforce drysuits. I used:

95cm JQJ metal zipper
43cm DTek neoprene neck seal
17cm DTek neoprene cuff seals
2m Aqua Tape from Beaver

~100ml Unitec Elastosal cleaner
300ml Unitec Watersports Glue
15ml Unitec RFT Hardener (5:100)
(Unitec Helmsdorf GmbH)

250ml Aquasure (only for additional sealant)

My personal experience is: bonding with the Unitec glue is stronger than Aquasure for non-neoprene work. Also it is easier to work with the 2-Component glue than with Aquasure. Originally DUI did all with Aquasure, but mixed it with some Cotol like stuff to fasten the dry time and to let it sink better into the fabric. Conclusion: Aquasure for field-repair and as seam sealant. Bonding work with 2-component glue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom