Rigging a pony bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King Kong Matt:
Wait...why do we need the pony bottle again?

/me ducks

:D

Need something else to spend money on!!!

xiSkiGuy:
Because I can only get 4 SpareAirs in my "gay" X-Shorts.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

If me AND my buddy are relying on my pony as a redundant source instead of him having his own, he's not diving with me.

I strap one on the side of my tank and use a single hose regulator banded to the pony. A 6-7' regulator hose is a good way to go.

Diveral:
I strap one on the side of my tank and use a single hose regulator banded to the pony. A 6-7' regulator hose is a good way to go.

LOL. A long hose on a pony.

I use to question the "manliness" of my first X-Shorts. So, I got rid of the ones with the teddy bears and went with black...now people hang out with me on the dive boats. Although I do miss the "drop drawer" in the back on the old pair.:wink:

Jon

I've tried a few different options, but i find the best is the old trusty shoe lace. Just tie one end around th eneck of the pony, the other end to your bcd. Simple and inexpensive.

Guys.

Let's try to be a little more constructive here, OK?

jonnythan:
Guys.

Come to think of it, let's try to be a lot more constructive. I beleive the OP actually had a serious request for information.

jonnythan:

I thought the shoelace rigging was one of the most original things I've read recently on scubaboard. Very constructive. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom