RIP Quero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is so incredibly true. Someone sent me a PM asking for forgiveness for starting a "competing" thread. A hundred threads would not do her justice, A thousand would just start to scratch the surface. I am in touch with the family and they are truly heartbroken. I think it's only appropriate to do something in her name as a community. I'll discuss this with her daughter and niece and get back with what that should be. In the meantime, if you have an idea or want to help, don't hesitate to PM me. I would rather keep particulars under wraps until the family has time to weigh in on this and we arrive at a final decision.

What would you think of doing a little something at DEMA to remember her? Dinner one night or some such. Even a lunch maybe?

Very sad. To be missed for sure

I have had a long break from Scubaboard, but when I heard of Marcia's passing, I automatically came in here where she spent so much time and energy. The first time I met Marcia was a business meeting, which would normally take 15 minutes. It lasted almost 2 hours. Since then we spoke frequently and after I left Thailand, we stayed in touch on FB. The news are shocking and devastating. We were just talking about November, trying to find a way for Marcia to meet my newborn son. I can't believe this. ..not Marcia, so full of life, energy, optimism and positive energy. I'll miss you dearly xxx

I feel like someone just kicked me in the gut. Although Marcia and I have never met, she's for years been one of those very special people I'm so glad to have come to consider a friend. I'd always planned to someday go to Thailand to meet and dive with her. I've lost several ScubaBoard friends over the years ... not since the passing of Rob Davies has one affected me quite this profoundly.

Tears falling on the keyboard right now ... I'll miss you, Marcia ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A major loss to the global diving community although I never met her I feel the loss.

My condolences to to her family and those who were with her when she passed away.

RIP Marcia

How incredibly devastating. Her fire burned intensely for far to short a time. Godspeed in her family's (and extended dive family's) healing.

Certainly sad news. More than once I received an email from Marcia regarding a board issue that was posted at some odd hour. It was only after a couple I learned she was half way around the world. Sorry for her family and friends.

What would you think of doing a little something at DEMA to remember her? Dinner one night or some such. Even a lunch maybe?
I might even be interested in going to DEMA for something like this, although I'll need to find a cheap flight. Not up to that kind of drive, after my recent surgery.
Let me know the exact date you have in mind and I'll see if it conflicts with Joe's Washington,DC conference.

Back
Top Bottom