River Cave Access Protocol/etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SavageSeaCow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For those of you who dive Florida caves from river access points, what is the law/protocol around tying up your boat etc? Do you have to have a captain on board while you are below? Do you need permission from the land owner on the bank? I’m curious about logistics for those of you who have done it!

Don't touch land. You touch land, you're trespassing. There are more nuances than that, but that's the gist. If you can't secure your boat without touching the landowner's property, then you need someone on the boat.

Don't touch land. You touch land, you're trespassing. There are more nuances than that, but that's the gist. If you can't secure your boat without touching the landowner's property, then you need someone on the boat.
Is it kosher to anchor your vessel along the river bank? Possibly a related topic but I’m wondering if anyone has kept a repository of contacts for land owners with private access to interesting or notable caves. I’m sure there are many that go essentially undived because they are on private land.

If you can't secure your boat without touching the landowner's property,

Don't know about there,

but think its 20 ft from the high water mark, for hunting and fishing....

But I do know in Niagara river, if we touch land on the US side,
you need to call customs...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom