Rix SA-6 Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Free play as in the rods at the bottom of the piston attached to the swash plate? The play between the 2 guide pins?
Rob , the rod end, not the pins, play between the ball and it's housing where the grease supposed to go in. when it's tight [when new] there is zero play and it's hard for the grease to go in. but the point is that when the compressor works there is always positive pressure on the 2nd and 3rd piston so why should it make a difference. not so for the 1st, because when it sucks air the free play will lower the volume.

Rob , the rod end, not the pins, play between the ball and it's housing where the grease supposed to go in. when it's tight [when new] there is zero play and it's hard for the grease to go in. but the point is that when the compressor works there is always positive pressure on the 2nd and 3rd piston so why should it make a difference. not so for the 1st, because when it sucks air the free play will lower the volume.
Oh wow.. yeah mine dont have any play. I know Iain has said when you grease them rotate 90 so it gets a fresh face (I do). I can't imagine any play would be good at all, but I understand what you're saying. Might be able to just get away with a new 1st stage piece.

I have seen those fittings with the bearing for sale, but the end has to be cut and drilled to accept grease.

Any play, even if it's just damaging 2nd and 3rd at startup will eventually wear things out much faster (I would think anyway).

The pins and the spacer washer beneath the rod ends should keep the play out of the assembly if I understand it correctly.... Make sure you have good pins, make sure the spacer is underneath the rod end where the thru bolt goes, and ensure the rod ends are greased.... I had no issues when I reassembled mine.

I don't think anyone on here has a direct line with Iain but I do hope he's ok. He disappears at times, but all the same.

Any word on how the rebuild went for @1bubbleoff ? Up and running? Challenges?
He is up and running. Rebuilt all the pistons, still had some leakage from 3rd stage back to 2nd. Ordered the parts to rebuild all the heads. Just waiting for a nice day and some time to tear into those.

So far no challenges, he said everything has been really easy to work on.

Been "alittle" busy...sorry bout not updating.

The SA6 is dead simple to work on...even a cavenan can do it...had a cracked o ring in the 3rd stage head...easy peasy lemon squeezy...literally 20 minutes.
Any pics of this caveman working on the head?🤷‍♂️😁

Back
Top Bottom