Roatan Dive Trip Report-STAY AWAY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1fastcat

Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from a week in Roatan. For all of you thinking of going:

Weather sucks, NoSeeUms are everywhere, no visibility, coral is totally bleached, there are no fish, malaria is rampant, the beer is bitter, the food is contaminated and tastes awful, and the people are horrible. STAY AWAY.

as for me, I'll be back same time next year.

I hear ya, but I'll be checking it out for myself--in the name of medical research, of course. Leaving on Saturday.:wink:

I'll be there in November..can't wait...

1fastcat:

Weather sucks, NoSeeUms are everywhere, no visibility, coral is totally bleached, there are no fish, malaria is rampant, the beer is bitter, the food is contaminated and tastes awful, and the people are horrible. STAY AWAY.

I agree! In 25 days I'm going back, taking 39 research assistants with me, just to verify how bad it really is. I wouldn't want to paint a less than accurate description that is likely to lead even more wayward souls to such a dangerous place. Everyone really should stick to Cozumel or Bonaire or...elsewhere! :D

Natasha....YOU'RE going to Roatan? The Bonaire Queen? :rofl: Where ya staying?

1fastcat:

I'm sure glad you posted this. My wife and I are independent researchers, studying the trials and tribulations of staying at so called "tropical resorts", and I had recently heard good things about Roatan and was afraid that we may have made a wrong decision about diving there. Good to hear that these were just rumors and that we in fact are going to be miserable. We will be enduring this tropical **** beginning May 29.

Save yourselves! don't follow us to Roatan!!!!!!

I have to agree with you on the weather.....well being there during Wilma may of had something to do with it, huh Bratface. And don't be doing any medical experiments on Andy either. :)

Be there in 24 days to "suffer" like we did last year. Everyone...for your own good, just stay away!

Dave (aka "Squirt")

I will be conducting my second "research" visit to Roatan beginning June 17. If it is as bad as it was last year...well, I may just have to go again. God, I love being miserable!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom