Roatan in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
Always a risk. I wonder if Travel Insurance policies cover cancellations because of threat of hurricanes...?

Yep - if the NOAA is forecasting a direct hit on the island, the company I use for Travel Insurnace would expect to honor the claim.

Wijbrandus, you are planning on being there during H-season, so it's possible, making Trip Insurance an even better idea than usual.

:nervous:

Thanks for all the advice.

I know it's hurricance season, but I'm hoping the island will dodge anything bad for the week I'm there. Probably not the best time to go, but I'm going to get wet anyway.

Wijbrandus:
Thanks for all the advice.

I know it's hurricance season, but I'm hoping the island will dodge anything bad for the week I'm there. Probably not the best time to go, but I'm going to get wet anyway.

Oh, I'd go, too. Just get the Trip Insurance. Covers a lot of possibilities...

(1) Cancellation for Jury Duty.

(2) Luggage lost or damaged, with the airline only liable for $9.07 per pound on international flights.

(3) Medical or injury problem on land not covered by your regular policy that excludes out of US problems.

(4) En route delays.

And so forth, and so forth...

don

PS: You don't have to put a . or anything else in the title line anymore...
:wink:

We dove in Cozumel and Roatan in early Feb 04, and wore 3mm shorties. We never got chilled, but did have a very light jacket for surface intervals. In fact, my temp was never even a thought, so I must have been very comfortable.
Foo

I think several factors add up to what suit you should bring. We dove Roatan and Utila the first 2 weeks of January 2004 (not sure what the water temperature was). I am 125 lb. woman and had a full 1.5mm suit. I was cold half way through the second dive. I think 3mm full without a hood would have been fine for me. On the other hand, my husband is 240 lb. He had a full 1.5mm suit and wasn't cold after 3 dives a day. - Ariel

November....you'e gonna get wet, not just from the sea but from some rain. 3mm suit will be fine. Suggest something light to wear for warmth after dives.

Regards,

Oops - I'd alreadyu mentioned that...

Diving in November in the Bay Islands is a great experience. I was there in November last year and the diving and weather were great. It started to rain right at the end of November and from what I hear went on and off until now. A 3mm full suit might be enough but I was getting cold by about the 4th day of diving. Bring a hood and keep your brain warm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom