Roatan March- May?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Partner and I are planning a trip to Roatan in the spring. Was wondering what the weather/ diving conditions are like during these months? Leaning towards April after Easter.

Your weather experience may vary widely on which zone of the island you will stay.

West, Western North
North side, center Eastward
South Side, French Harbour east to First Bight
South side, parrot tree to far East

?

Your weather experience may vary widely on which zone of the island you will stay.

West, Western North
North side, center Eastward
South Side, French Harbour east to First Bight
South side, parrot tree to far East

?
Was planning on staying in West End

Was planning on staying in West End
Good time of year for that zone. As the winds return to the ESE trade pattern, West End and North is usually quite flat as it lies in the lee, or shadow of the prevailing wind.

A very minor downside? No breeze on West/North = more insects (mosquitoes and sand fleas). Use DEET or _____.

Diving? Should be an interesting time of year, esp near Full Moons as “love is in the air” (or water). If your DM is a good one, they will point out specific mating behaviors.

West End has very limited night dive offerings, i suggest you figure out which shop is offering their standard once-a-week night dive on which night- and hop around to fo 2 or even 3. Night diving in that season can be very rewarding, again due to life cycle patters.

My wife and I were there 2 years ago last week of April thru the first week of May-one week at AKR and 1 week in West End. Absolutely gorgeous weather with warm seas (low 80s). We dove in our swim suits and rash guards.

I've planned a similar trip the first week of May. Flight is booked and room reserved. I can't wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom