Roatan Photos - Part 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undefined

Quite Refined
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Some shots from our recent trip to Roatan. If anyone can identify the worm (?) in the first shot, please let me know.

These are all processed in Picasa. It's my first time using Picasa, and I feel rather lazy as I would normally take the time to do it in CS2. With work and catching up back home taking up a great deal more time than I'd like, I figured I'd give Googles new toy a try.

DSCF1908.jpg

DSCF1537.jpg

DSCF1732.jpg

DSCF1818.jpg

DSCF1824.jpg

DSCF1898.jpg

DSCF1919.jpg

DSCF2108.jpg

All photos have their original EXIF data. For those who do not care to look, they were taken with a Fuji F31fd.

Nice series, can't wait to get back there in 11 days!
How do you like that camera? Were you using a Fuji housing, or?

Jennifer,

I like the camera very much. The output is clean and usable at ISO 100 - 800, and salvageable at ISO 1600. I have some issues with how it meters, but I have managed to work through most of that.

I used the Fuji housing. I know everyone seems to love Ikelite, but I was quite pleased with the little Fuji housing and it fits into a BC pocket without any struggle at all.

Welcome back.
Thanks for the pics. I especially like the last one. But do you think it could better if it were lightened up some?

Steve,

Thanks. It could probably be improved by lightning (shadows and highlights in CS2) and some curves adjustment, I just haven't had time to play with these much. I put them into Picasa and "Do you feel lucky" + Cropped/Sharpened/Resized. That's it. Otherwise, they are as they came out of the camera.

Very nice, thanks for posting. I just purchased the same camera and have the housing on order.

I'll have a trip report up by tomorrow. I've been swamped with work since I got back, and participating on ScubaBoard generally takes a back seat!

More photos to come as time permits. I'm really impressed with the Fuji... far more so than I am with my own skills that need a great deal of work!

Ah yes, that's us in 3 weeks in the Mary's Place shot, or wherever that is.

All beautiful shots! I love all the definition on the turtle's back ...

undefined:
Jennifer,

I like the camera very much. The output is clean and usable at ISO 100 - 800, and salvageable at ISO 1600. I have some issues with how it meters, but I have managed to work through most of that.

I used the Fuji housing. I know everyone seems to love Ikelite, but I was quite pleased with the little Fuji housing and it fits into a BC pocket without any struggle at all.

Thanks. You're the 1st person I've come across who is using it UW, so I'm looking forward to seeing more shots. We're giving one away, along with a Fuji housing, as one of the prizes in the DigiDiver.net photo contest.

And I also want to see more pictures to help get me in the mood for my return trip to Roatan @ CCV in 11 days! So keep 'em coming!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom