Roatan Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went through immigration in RTB today. Our departure tax had been included in the AA ticket. The process was a bit faster this time. Looks like they are getting their groove. It was a Wednesday...not sure what a Saturday would be like

If you look on your ticket receipt under taxes and fees, and see both D1 and D2 (I think one is about $7.00 and the other is around $32.00) this would be your departure tax.
Expedia just shows Taxes without break down, so I hope that will not need to pay additional in RTB.
How much prior flight I need to be in airport to pass all procedures ?
Some people here say 1 hours and others 3 hours.
Reef House Resort is small nice resort "family like", not on mail island. From airport you need 45 minutes taxi and 5 minutes on boat. They include pickup in the price.
Air condition in room works well. May be somebody doesn't need it in May, I need for sure.
Regarding dive we found simple solution : I bring straps and regulator for stage and they just add to the boat one more regular AL80 per day, which I use for three boat dives, 1/3 on each.
Atmosphere and people are really friendly and helpful.
Bar is open, but if you don't drink alcohol, you need to bring friends or books or films to full free time from 6:30 PM till 11 Pm.
Cable TV is working and they have several US channels. Internet mostly works, but pretty slow.
Don't plan to work from here...

We just got back Wednesday night. I would plan on getting to RTB @ 2 hours prior to flight departure. The exit process ran fairly smooth and didn't take more than @ ten minutes.

If you look on your ticket receipt under taxes and fees, and see both D1 and D2 (I think one is about $7.00 and the other is around $32.00) this would be your departure tax.

That is very helpful! I bet I have double paid before from not checking the ticket. Now I know where to look. Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom