Roatan Restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bay Island Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hello everyone.

I am interested to hear from people who have recently visited Roatan, to see what they viewed as the best Restaurant? I live on Roatan and want to update my website on what restaurants people loved, rather than just basing the information on the ones I love.

After all its mainly about diving, but not all about diving when you go on vacation, food is a second, even if it is a distant second!

Thanks

Will

That guy who grills fish on the beach across from the grocery store in WE is pretty cheap, and good too.

I went on a bus tour this spring that stopped at a "native" restaurant. Kind of dumpy looking but we weren't looking for a franchise. We wanted some local food.
What a total ripoff! The food was terrible, and hugely overpriced for what you got, ($20USD for poorly prepared deep fried chicken, a few lukewarm plantain chips that tasted like cardboard and some rice). Those who ordered fish got similar results, though it was fresh for sure.
Service was pitifully slow, not that we cared that much about the time, but the home made wooden bench seats did get pretty hard after the first 1/2 hour. LOL.
I should have got suspicious when there was no menu or price list. We were kind of a captive clientele since it was a bus tour.
I'm sorry to say I don't even know for sure exactly where it is, but if you go into this restaurant ...beware!

2016-02-07 01.03.30.jpg

Give me some baleadas, and I'm good to go. I don't seek out restaurants when I'm on a dive trip the way I might at home or in some part of the world renowned for its cuisine--just good, inexpensive local food.

Ooloonthoo is pretty good...:D

We liked Tong's too.

Not a huge fan of the restaurant in your building - service was so slow we almost missed your PM boat once.
Tried it twice and both times were just OK.

Kind of take it or leave it on Argentinean Grille. Once was great, 2nd time a hassle.
Plus the tableclothes trap the sand flies/mosquitoes. Didn't expect to need Deet at dinner.

Not many good experiences to report it seems. Thats a shame.

I have opened a Restaurant called Roatan Oasis I didn't start this thread to shamelessly plug it!

I am genuinely also updating my bay island diver website and wanted feedback as I rarely eat out any more.

Oolonthoo would always make it onto the list diversteve!

Can't remember the name - Pazzo maybe - but a new Italian place in West End on the road behind Coconut Tree. Great food, good value.

I also like Argentinian Grille in West End and Creole's rotisserie chicken is always a treat ... And the price!! There's a restaurant in West Bay, more upscale - I think it's called Island Pearl. Loved it.

There's the restaurant at Splash Inn. Great specials - $5 enchilada dat, two for one pizza day, 1lb mixed grilled meat day, kebab and sangria day ...

Not a fan of the Thai place in West End. Boring food, and very expensive for what it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom