Roatan? Stick a fork in it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Doc,

I'll see your Roatan '85 and raise you a Guanaja '85 TAN-SAHSA terminal. :wink:

rRIZA0k.jpg

We are waiting on the same DC3 from Roatan to head back to La Ceiba.
How did you decide to go to Utila in 1985? That didn’t “just happen”!

I was serving in Peace Corps Honduras at the time. Had a chance to visit Roatan, Guanaja, Utila and the Cayos Cochinos during my service, plus the Cayos Zapodillos in Belize. On that trip to Guanaja, I stayed at East End, out past the old Posada del Sol on the southern coast. On subsequent trips to Guanaja I stayed north coast of the island at the Bayman Bay Club, one of my favorite places to dive in Honduras.

Have to stick to the liveaboards.

"Nobody goes there anymore. It’s too crowded." - Yogi Berra.

Thankfully Roatan isn't there yet. Bonaire is also getting progressively built-up. The Caribbean is starting to sound like one of those 'last chance to see' things. You guys are depressing me.
No one likes change.
Except that recent announcement was more than 5 years ago.

Is the airport I've experienced over the last three years the new and improved version? Including the airport dog? (It was a nice dog.)

View attachment 827311
I did indeed copy the wrong link. Things will change, but maybe at "island time" pace if this timeline holds. Here's the link I was originally after. (I do think the terminal is nicer (the AC works!) now, than when I started going in the mid-2000s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom