Rodale's reg results are in...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I seem to recall that Poseidon does not provide regs for Rodale's to test. I know that Rodale's tested Poseidons last year--went out and bought some. They got a pretty poor score on breathing resistance--2 joules as best as I can remember--while the new Scubapro mk25/s600 got the lowest score of any reg ever tested: 0.8 joules. I've tried the mk25/s600 regs on some 200 ft dives, and they are truly stunning, and are, as an aside, the first regs that I am aware of to be offered for use with 100% O2.

I'm not trashing Apeks or Poseidon; both have excellent reputations.

I tend to rely upon Rodale's tests. Lets not forget that before they started these tests, only the military had this information.

;-0

I had the pleasure of divng Scubapro Mk25's before... and they are very sweet. I really liked thier performance relaibility. But I had to give them back. We were just swapping regs for the weekend....wait that almost sounds dirty.....

I have not had the chance to try Apeks. I understand they are very nice too.... Way back in the day when I first started diving I had been givien my first regulators by a girlfriend. These things were very old and I want to say they were called Calipso. I think they were made by Scubapro. Anyone hear of them?? I finally retired them because I couldn't get parts for them. And yes they still work!! Hey any of you guys/gals dive any real junk??? If so lets hear about the junk out there as well as the good stuff....

Keep on diving:bang:

I think the Calypso was US Divers second single-hose reg; it came out in 1960. Was it a round metal job with a red label and a protruding purge button? I think it was their top of the line single hose reg for much of the 60s, and set a number of depth records.

I occasionally dive a two-hose "Navy Type DA" from '56, just to remind myself how good we have it now. That old bubble machine is a real DOG!

I think we're off the thread....

Roadale's will test regs that are sent to them by the manufacturer. Apparently, Poseidon did not send them a reg for testing. So, Roadales is not biased.

ALL YOUR REGULATORS ARE BELONG TO US.......:martian:

Hi folks. New to the board. Been surfing the board, running the searches for about a week now. Making very judicious posts and learning a ton.

Meeting all of the board legends, forming my takes on some very new subjects to me (DIR, BP&W, APEKS, 5thD, etc, etc...) Stuff we don't get much of from my limp LDS' in LA.

About 50 dives - all So Cal (with about 4 in Sea of Cortez).

PB - no better way to bring a thread to a crashing halt....

All your regs are belong to us. I'm still laughing. You have no idea.

This is a great, great place.

I need to get out the Old Sega now!

Memories.

My Appologie for being OT.

-----Goat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom