Roll Call - Nikonos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice indeed!

cdiver2; ScubaBOBuba; Chris Bangs, thank you for the compliments pertaining to my gallery. The Nikonos has treated me well and continues to do so. Several fine photographers in the So.Fla.U/W Photographic Society that have converted to digital still use the NikV and 15mm for wide angle.PS I noticed a comment or 2 about the Nik.ext tubes. FWIW Mine are used with a 35mm and contain 2:1,1:1,1:2 framers/tubes as standard. If you care to measure your tubes you will see the red dot is 35mm which is 1:1, the yellow dot is 17.5mm which is 1:2-as the reproduction formula calls for-however when you combine them (red/yellow = 52.5mm)the bracket indicates 2:1. If it was truly 2:1 then the correct extension should be 2x the focal length which is 70mm-I think we have all been hosed!! Just an observation, your results may vary, Wayne

yachtsbroker:
cdiver2; ScubaBOBuba; Chris Bangs, thank you for the compliments pertaining to my gallery. The Nikonos has treated me well and continues to do so. Several fine photographers in the So.Fla.U/W Photographic Society that have converted to digital still use the NikV and 15mm for wide angle.PS I noticed a comment or 2 about the Nik.ext tubes. FWIW Mine are used with a 35mm and contain 2:1,1:1,1:2 framers/tubes as standard. If you care to measure your tubes you will see the red dot is 35mm which is 1:1, the yellow dot is 17.5mm which is 1:2-as the reproduction formula calls for-however when you combine them (red/yellow = 52.5mm)the bracket indicates 2:1. If it was truly 2:1 then the correct extension should be 2x the focal length which is 70mm-I think we have all been hosed!! Just an observation, your results may vary, Wayne

with the results your getting I would not worry about it, easily the best gallery I have seen on this or Any other board. Could I send my wife to you for a macro course :D .
David

Nik 5, 15mm, 20mm, 28mm, 35mm, SB105 and Helix tubes.

I have 2 Nik V, 15mm and 35mm lens. Used it with Sea and Sea Strobes. Also, 2 F90X housing with various ports

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom