Rookie..... "Me"!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogwash

Reaction score
I am a real rookie to diving... Have taken 2 dives in Playa Del Carmen and am now "hooked".. I take my PADI cert classes this weekend and 2 open water classes the following weekend!! It's all happening pretty fast... I have purchased some of my equip. but have been looking around for some of the other more expensive equip. I will need later, BCD, Reg, Wet/Dry Suit, Dive Computer/Console... A friend of mine tells me that any dive computers I purchase on the net from, say a warehouse or similar, are not warranteed by the mfg. Any feedback on that? I also could not figure out how to post a thread on the main board... or maybe this one hits the main board... I don't know!!!

Thanks much Fr.g

Well, you're taking the course and you've found Scubaboard, so I'd say that you're off to a pretty good start. Be sure to check out the New2Scuba and the Basic Scuba Discussions forums, as they have lots of great information for folks who are just getting started.

Welcome to the board and the sport,
Grier

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Did the Resort Course dives, and now you're hooked, eh? Yep, that happened to me several thousand dollars ago...!

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Well ... Thanks all!!! appreciate the warm welcome! :D I will be visiting here often. WE go back to the "Resort" April of 2005..!! I'll be loaded and ready to go this time!

f :crafty:

keep us updated on your progress, if you need any info, this is certainly the place to find it.

Welcome to The ScubaBoard!

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

Your friend is correct about most manufactures. I was thinking about buying my reg, bc, and comp. online. Then I started thinking about the money I would save verses the service and warranty I would receive from my LDS. I decided buying my gear from my LDS for a few more dollars was better. Let me tell you that I am glad I did. I had a few minor problems that my LDS took care of immediately with no questions and no shipping costs!!! It's you choice, but my suggestion is LDS.

P.S.S. - I really enjoy my Suunto Vyper and Atomic B2. If it helps?

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

It's true that you will lose some manufacturer's warranties if you buy online.

I've decided to buy from my local dive shop and they've made it worth my while. It hasn't really cost me more when I look at all of my purchases put together and I've been very happy with the service.

Have fun and above all - be safe!

Christian

Benvenuto a bordo from the middle of Mediterranean sea. :azvatar:

Have a question?
Need to find something?
Going somewhere?
Want to meet new people/buddy

This is the place to be :wave-smil

Welcome to the board. There are forums here specifically covering the items you need. Visit them and you'll get as much info you need to make great decisions.

Back
Top Bottom