Roxy Wetusits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LittleOne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've been looking at wetsuits for a week or so. So far the best within my price and size range is a roxy 4/3. Does anyone have a Roxy wetusuit? I'm not sure if I trust it or not. Plus, it doesn't help that I can't find reviews for it. I'm looking at the Roxy 4/3 SYNCRO women's fullsuit. Also, although it is in my size range, I'm in between sizes. I'm the maximum size on a 4 and the minimum size of a 6. If I was to buy the suit, which should I get?

I don't see how you can be a max on size 4 and a min on size 6 when those numbers aren't the same. I suggest that you go to a nearby dive shop and try on some wetsuits in person. But if you are dead set on doing the Internet thing then I recommend that you go with the bust size--assuming that you are evenly proportioned. I have a couple of Roxy rashguards and I like them but I only buy Henderson wetsuits. The Goldcore is awesome.

Roxy suits are fine for diving. Some people on here will tell you not to get wet suits that are marketed towards surfers. The reasoning is that the neoprene is supposedly softer therefore will compress more and ultimately not keep you as warm. You'll be fine. As for sizing, find out what the return policy of the website is. If you can return for a full refund, order both, send back which ever one you dont like. If you can only exchange, get one and see if it fits. If not return for the other. If they have no return policy, then don't bother.Since it should stretch, I'd go for the size 4 first.

As you've been counseled fit is the big key.

I can't speak to the Roxy brand other than knowing of it as a surf brand. If it has the nylon fabric on the outside it should be tough enough. Given the blitz of soft squishy, stretchy scuba suits the material can't be much more compressible than some of the dive specific gear.

Read more here.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom