Russian Killed By Crocodile -indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The previous data showed well over a 1000 in a 5 year period. That is way over the GW rate.

Keep in mind who's getting killed, and exposure. Imagine poor African 'villagers' (or whatever they're called these days) going down to the river for water, to fish, etc..., in remote rural areas. From what I've seen on video programs, the water's muddy looking, and Nile croc.s sometimes take prey from the shore line. Large #'s of people approaching the edge of a muddy river with a substantial # of Nile crocodiles, day after day, in a tropical region where it's warm all year.

If you like surprising fatality stories, IIRC, hippos kill a lot of people. I've read they may exit the water at night, raid farms, get into it with the owners...

Richard.

According to this article he had been snorkeling alone around Minyaifun Island. He was missing for 4 days before his body was found.

Russian tourist killed by a crocodile in Indonesia
The body of Sergey Lykhvar was discovered on Tuesday in the Raja Ampat islands of West Papua, four days after he was reported missing.

Local search and rescue head Prasetyo Budiarto said Lykhvar was reported missing to the authorities last week, one day after he left to snorkel around the remote Minyaifun island.

omg so sad

Keep in mind who's getting killed, and exposure. Imagine poor African 'villagers' (or whatever they're called these days) ...

If you like surprising fatality stories, IIRC, hippos kill a lot of people. I've read they may exit the water at night, raid farms, get into it with the owners...

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom