RX100 M2 versus RX100 M3 Lens Differences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the flat lens without dome. The same lens doesn't vignette with other 24mm cameras however when you put the dome it does basically keep a similar amount of vignette as the lens in air. The fact you have to zoom to get rid of it means there is more fringing in the corners. Am getting a bit fed up of saying the same things over again. From a still point of view this upgrade brings nothing and takes away flexibility. From movie point of view is worth

I tested the RX100m3 with the Fix UWL28M52 today...... I would not recommend that lens with this camera.

I think the Mark III is pronounced dead already for underwater use. Unless you do video and connect it with a ninja2 recorder the new codec are crap.
Also when I tested the UWL-100 with dome once I zoomed to 28mm the field of view was less than the RX100 Mark II and at the macro end you never get 1:1

Feel sorry for those housing manufacturers that have rushed to produce one for the Mark III I foresee quite a few on the shelves for long time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom