rx100 mk2+nauticam or E-PL7+PT-EP12?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Esk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Last trip I flooded my olympus XZ-1 because of a mistake with the o-ring. So I'm looking for a new camara. The xz-1 is not available new anymore so I decided to go for an upgrade. I like to keep things compact and flexible (possibility to do macro and wide angle in one dive) and not to expensive. Oh, and I use it for just photography, not interested in video.

First I thought the only good option was still the sony RX100 mark2. But then I did some research and find out that there is also the olympus E-PL7 with the 14-42 EZ. With this lens and the olympus housing its also posible to use my wet lenses (inon uwl H100 + dome and ucl 165) and its not much bigger than my xz-1 housing and actualy cheaper than the rx100 mk2. E-PL7+housing+lens+zoomgear is about between €1.100 to €1.200 and RX100 is with the nauticam or sea&sea housing (the available cheaper houings are not interesting because of bad ergonomics in full manual) about between €1.400 to €1.500.

At the moment I'm leaning more to the olympus because the camara itself is more advanced, a better total price and seems to offer the same flexibilty as the RX100. The thing I'm not sure about is the lens (its a kit lens and not a premium lens) and the image quality with the wetlenses in the olympus housing compare to RX100+wetlenses. I read a lot of good things of the RX100+nauticam combo with the inon uwlH100 but not much about the olympus. So I hope some people around here have experiance with this set up (and preferably both the set ups) and can tell me wich one produces the better image quality. And maybe there are some other things I overlooked in my research. I'm looking forward to have some good input for my decision. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom